Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why Hunting Is Good



While some people may not agree that hunting is beneficial to society, I would ask them if they have ever tried to help the poor creatures they are attempting to "save". Because I have. Today in fact, I was faced with the choice to walk by the seemingly injured Canadian Goose that lay half frozen in the snow in the baseball field behind Saga for two days, or go help it. I called my sister, and she encouraged me to call the local wildlife agency. So I did. They advised me on how to catch it: take a sheet and gently herd it into a wall or fence, then place sheet over bird's head and body and pick up bird, then place in box. Bring box to their facility in Glenn Ellyn. So after I got my snow gear on and rounded up a few volunteers, we headed out into the wild. The baseball field was locked, so we climbed over the fence and walked quietly towards the victim. When we got closer, it began to squwak at us and I got the sheet ready. Then all of a sudden, the injured bird got on its legs and flew away. I will never be an animal rights activist ever again. I would join these men anyday to decrease the population of those menacing birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the gift of motivation!