Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cougar Sightings...


My dear caring father sent me a link to a website about cougar sightings in berrien springs, my home county. To see it- http://michigancougar.com/ I find this highly fascinating, due to my love of animals and biology. One cougar killed a horse in the town where my ex-horse currently lives (we sold him several years ago. I miss him!!).
Despite my past negative experiences with helping animals (see posts below), I still love them and am just so suprised that cougars are being seen all over southwestern mighican. Its pretty neat. Don't worry, the site said you have a better chance of being struck by lighting than attacked by a cougar. And if one does approach you, yell and throw things at it, it should just run away.
Maybe I should forget nursing and go back to environmental biology. I can remember once at Grampa's farm i found a lamb in the barn that was sick.

Grampa let me take care of it (I named him Clover) and brush its wool and help it drink. I set up a little tent outside for him to keep away the sun and flies, but he died the next day anyway. Another time i tried to help an animal was at Nanny and Papa's house. They had a birds nest near the door that a momma robin had made, and one of the baby robins fell out of the nest. I named her angela and for the whole day i took care of her. I made her a nest, found worms to give her, and protected her from stray cats. That afternoon I went to a swim meet that my friend was competing in (now she's going to the olympics!) and when i came back angela was gone. The dinner of an alley cat no doubt. Hopefully I will have better luck with nursing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh.