Sunday, August 27, 2006

Opps!

Sorry, my CPO is 2624. I wrote it wrong on a previous post. While I am here, I might as well say something about my weekend. It was splendid. I went to a square dance, hung out with some great people, and got a group of girls together to go to my grandpa's farm. We had a bonfire, but the approaching storm cut our dinner short with a ferocious downpour. We got completely soaked- it was great. In the evening we played a looong game of Rook and told stories in the barn.
This morning we had our own little church on the front porch of the farmhouse. Noelle led the singing, and Grampa passed on more of his precious knowledge to us. It was a great day.
Thank you Grampa and Liz for your overwhealming hospitality and love.

Now I have to hit the books.
Pray for me this week, it is try outs for the Wheaton Crew team- i will be running and working a lot. yikes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my darling becca boo. today was tu move-in day. and guess what? i walked into the first suite and automatically into tracy and shanna's new room (your old one)... i knew you weren't going to be there, but i guess i was just hoping you would be. :)

the wing is different, bec. but really, really good. although i think it's going to be a great year, i want you to know that you are dearly missed. i don't say that to make you feel bad that you're not here, because it sounds like you're loving wheaton, but just to tell you that you are a TREASURE that we all miss this year.

regarding your last entry about maybe not seeing some of us again, i will NOT be one of those! i DEFINITELY want to come visit you this semester! i'm not sure how that will work, but i want to make it happen... because i miss you and love you and well, there's really only one remedy for that: SEEING YOU!!!

i am so glad you're loving wheaton and i love reading about it on this blog! praying for you, sweet sister!

ok. extremely long novel-of-a-post is over. (sorry... i'm at the front desk with no homework... so i have some time on my hands.) :)

kcolquitt said...

Hey boo boo girl! what a fun weekend! isn't grampa the best ever? i'll be praying for you this week. it's pretty tough. whenever you get tired running, just picture me behind you, pushing you....remember you can ALWAYS take one more step. you'll do great. get lots of sleep and drink plenty of water. let me know how it goes! i love you!!

Summer said...

That's a great picture of Grampa. Keep posting pix! Glad you had a good weekend--I love you!

Attica Raider said...

Boo I didn't realize just how much I missed you till I got to taylor and you were not here. I love you bunches.

Cait

Anonymous said...

at least Taylor and Wheaton people know how great it is to go to school with you!! Lucky!!!
I love you, and I miss you. Will you be home for labor day??

xoxo, Abby