Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Next Step

I flew back home today after spending 16 eventful days in Virginia with the Colquitts. On the plane to Chicago, a polish lady probably in her early 60's sat next to me on the flight. After a few minutes of silence, she pointed at my birkenstocks and asked me if my second toe being longer bothers me in my shoes. She explained that her second toe is slightly longer too, and she was trying to find shoes that didn't bother it. From then on, we talked about pretty much everything- education, religion, war, and travel. As she was telling me about her experience in spain, she told me, "The women in spain are absolutely beautiful, but the men are just ugly. Now in Italy, that is the place to go. There the women are ugly, but the men, oooh, they are gorgeous." It was so fun talking to her.

Tomorrow I leave for Wheaton. I am trying to gather everything together, but trying to unpack and pack at the same time is not very productive. I feel like one of these little turtles, leaving the nest (again) and going into the sea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless my "little turtle"......
You are a wonderful example of why God said "be fruitful and multiply." You are a blessing.