Thursday, December 07, 2006

Norway!!!


YHM, or youth hostel ministry, is something I have heard about for a long time from my sister Kendall. While at Wheaton, Kendall participated in YHM and traveled all over Europe visiting youth hostels where she shared Christ with lonely travelers. Her high reviews of the program led me to look into it earlier this semester and apply for this upcoming summer. Last week I got the acceptance letter, along with my roomate Andrea who is also going to do YHM- we were both ecstatic. We looked forward to when we would find out where in Europe we would be sent, and who our groups were. Last night we found out, we are in separate groups, she will be in spain, and I will be in Bergen, Norway, the land of my ancestors. The first three weeks of the summer will be spent there running a hostel- making beds, being the hostess, and cooking. Then we will travel for the last five weeks all over Europe. There are two boys and one other girl in our group. Their names are Stephanie, Devin, and Chris. Stephanie and Devin seem pretty nice, and I still have not met Chris. Please be praying now for our trip this summer. We have a lot of preparation work to do. Please pray also a head of time for the people we will encounter on our travels. So my summer is set. I think it will be great.
Look at this place!

4 comments:

kcolquitt said...

you will have a blast!!! i'm so excited for you! you must take lots of pics- keep your blog going so we know what's up. can't wait to see you! only 12 more days!

Summer said...

I'm so excited for you too! Though I have to say, I'm glad you won't be gone the WHOLE summer!

Unknown said...

Becca! How cool! Don't be gone forever. Life is a highway, and you are certainly riding it. Way to go! I can't wait for Christmas break when we can hang out!!

xoxo, Abby

kiki said...

awesome!!! i second with kendall! what an amazing experience.