Thursday, January 18, 2007

Missing You


Three years ago on a september night, mom called me downstairs to run over the the neighbors house. The arrival of a baby girl, scared to death and unattached to anyone grabbed a corner of my heart that night and has still not let go.

Her name was Laina, and she became the baby sister i never had, the light of our lives. I watched her three times a week during that first year, and we grew very close. I remember the way she would take naps in my arms, wake up for a second and pick her head up, then her eyes would roll back a little and her head would plop down and she would keep sleeping. I felt so loved when she started to say my name and recognized my car when i drove in from LMC. She just keeps growing and changing. I hope and pray she will still remember me and how much i love her when she grows up. Oh dear Laina baby, I miss you like crazy.

3 comments:

kiki said...

beccaboos! i am a newbie to yr page! i saw kendalls, and sums and now the first read of yrs! how great!!! aw! break my heart! i feel the same way about my neices...will they forget? i pray no and am sure laina will always feel warmth from you. beautiful boos! best to you!!
XoXoooXX, kirsten

Unknown said...

Becca!

Laina is so blessed to be loved by you. Your big heart is a gift to all those you touch. I like being friends with you!! xoxo, Abby
ps, pass on the journal!!

Boo said...

and miss sherri, i still remember you and am thankful for all your love for me. i also remember playing with haylie under the big pine tree at the farmhouse like it was yesterday.