Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Up Late

Today is Wednesday, and its been a long week already. I had block classes all weekend which makes it seems like last week never ended, and I'm still recovering from having classes all day long. Finals are just around the corner, as in they begin on friday.
I realized today that I dont recognize when I am feeling stressed, but people around me do. I found I show it in one of two ways. Apparently I get a little crazy with cleaning and doing dishes and organizing. I feel the drive to organize some part of my life, and the tangible seems the easiest thing to reach for. I also get really creative- like today of all days I started a new project for window treatments in my room, or i made a banner of all the finals i have so I can get the satisfaction of pulling each one down as I take them. (See picture below).

In college, my roomates would tell you that during the most stressful part of the year, I spent hours making intricate paper snowflakes. (again, see below).



Last night I went to small group, which is always so wonderful. I'm so glad God has given me a place in Nashville that I sit by a real live fire, and talk to people who know me and love me, and feel at home. The night before Sarah and Chironna and I went to a Christmas concert at Lipscomb. It was beautiful, and it made me homesick for wheaton's christmas concert. Music truly is magical in how it can lift your spirits and convey so much emotion.

Well, I don't think there's any particular reason for this post, except nobody's on skype and its too late to call people. :-) And this is my blog, and i dont have to have a coherent post if I dont want to. so there you go internet.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Oh, I'm glad I checked in - and guess what Dad and I saw part of the Christmas concert from Belmont College in Nashville - it was beautiful!!! It was on PBS and they were also advertising books, CD's, on ADD - that was their fund raiser. They had excerpts from physicians, researchers, etc. - very informative. But I'll check out the book from the library. You should have tried to ichat me last night - I was coughing too much so came back to the computer for awhile.

Hey, I love your snowflakes - we'll do some crafting when you get home - you, me, and Heidi Anne - she loves it!!!