Sunday, May 03, 2009

Elsa Joy!

















Last Thursday I heard that Summer had gone into labor, hooray! I was so excited to see my newest niece and my (middle) namesake, Elsa Joy. But Elsa was not to be rushed. A full day later, Summer was still in labor with more hours to go. I went to crew banquet on Friday, and during dinner I was getting calls and texts from Mom, Dad, Kendall, David and Grandpa concerning Elsa and Summer. Dad said he was going to Albuquerque on the 6:40 am flight Saturday morning, and after asking me how rough a finals week I expected to have, he mentioned me coming along. Surprisingly enough, the worst of my schoolwork was over, and I didnt have any conflicting commitments, so I decided 8 hours before the flight that I would go to New Mexico with dad and surprise everyone there.
At 5:30 the next morning, I woke up to my phone buzzing and realized I was supposed to be at midway that very moment! Emily saved the day with her quick waking and efficient driving, and I made it to Midway just in time to hop on the plane.
What followed was a wonderful reunion with Mom and Heidi at the airport, and then surprising Summer and Oliver at the hospital.
Elsa is perfectly beautiful, and I am so glad I got to come see her during her first day out. She was so good that S&O were able to come home Saturday night from the hospital.
Everyone is sleeping soundly now, they are all pretty tuckered out from the last few days of hard work- 30 hours of labor takes a toll on the body for sure!
So goodnight, sleep well, and above all, Praise God from whom all blessings flow.




3 comments:

kcolquitt said...

i'm so glad everyone is home. keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

What joy you bring to all!

So glad you could surprise the little family!

Love, Miss Sherri

Anonymous said...

please update dear one!