Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yeah yeah, I know its been a long time. sorry. So many big things have happened in the last 3 months that time for blog reflection has been scarce. Right now I'm sitting in my happy little apartment- we have 5 couches in it, so it has a very cozy feel. This morning I got up at 4:25 to go out to the river- despite not being on the crew team this year I've gone to practice twice this week to help the girls out. they needed a coxswain for the 8 girls boat, can you imagine me, the tallest one there, scrunching up to sit in stern? Its a funny picture, especially when the microphone doesn't work and i have to yell coherently to 8 novices. Its been really fun actually, and it makes me miss those early mornings when all the world was quiet, and our blades splashed into the pink water reflecting the sunrise. The point of all that was... that I'm sitting at home eating ramen noodles (stereotypical college student food) and using one of my chapel skips to blog and do some homework. 


This is our apartment when we were just moving in- ill have to get some pictures up of what it looks like now. 
I want to tell you about my apartment. Last year eight of us girls wanted to get a house together, but we weren't able to, so we split into two four-person apartments right across the hall from each other. Its really fun, I'm rooming with Emily and Elizabeth and Rachel are also in my apt. We usually keep the doors open, enabling us to roam freely through both apts. Its been so wonderful to have our own place to have people over, to study together, and to just abide together.  Each piece of decoration is from someone- the jerusalem star lights are mine, the quilt was made by elizabeth, the couch is from the mindrebo home, as well as a painting that Mrs M did for Ems. It just fits all of us quite nicely, and its a place I love coming home to. 
Well, Im going to get on with my studies... i have development psychology class in a  half hour. 

2 comments:

Summer said...

Abide. Heh.

SherriMartin said...

Well, sweet Boo...you are back! I am so pleased for the time we spent together in Kentucky. It was not an easy time for the family, but God was there....and His grace was so abundant to all.

Love, Miss Sherri