Sunday, May 20, 2007

Jump Start the Summer

The past few weeks have been a rush of many good memories in a hurry. Here's the recap:
The first week after school ended I spent in Georgia with everyone in my family except my dear sister Summer and brother in law Oliver (we miss you guys so much!) We were able to see where david works and meet some of his friends down there (we love you megan!), and we had a blast playing in the lake, watching baby Jaxon, and just being together. I was able to row with the lake lanier rowing club a few times and get some excellent help from the experts- all the rowers were retired and eager to teach me. I learned how to scull, or row with two shorter oars as opposed to the one long oar on either the port or starboard side. I'm looking forward to improving my technique next fall.
After Georgia, I was able to spend a few days at home resting and catching up with old friends. I had a birthday party for myself a month early, which was mostly an excuse to have a party and get together with everyone.



I went back to wheaton for two days in order to get some last minute europe supplies from REI- a backpack, pretty essential. I was able to spend the night with dear Emily, and also see Kenlee and Gisela who live in wheaton.


One of the highlights was the reunion between me and my dear friend Sarah, who has been in ireland with Taylor U's study abroad program. This has been the longest we have ever gone without seeing each other, and boy, it was so good to see her again!!



There are few people who can put up with our family as well and as long as Gary and Stephanie have. They have been a wonderful influence in my life during the 13 years we have known them. Last saturday, Gary generously took me and a few friends sailing aboard his boat, Blue Belle. It was a perfect day for a sail and we had such a great time (Thanks Gary!)



Now I am trying to get the rest of my things all set for my departure to Europe this Tuesday. I plan to continue updated this blog with my Europe adventures, so stay tuned. Also, one person on my team is in charge of writing an online journal during our trip, so if you are interested in receiving that please email me or comment on this blog with your email address. Please keep me in your prayers- for courage, safety, team unity, and contentment in Christ.

No comments: